Industrial and commercial mats are often brought in to help alleviate the dirt and mess that can accumulate in high-traffic areas. Businesses that rely on commercial mats to help prevent slips and falls and keep their space in good condition are also very interested in learning about anti-fatigue mats and what they can do for the health and safety of their employees.
If you aren’t familiar with anti-fatigue floor mats, keep reading to find out why these mats are important and what industries can benefit from using the mats in their workplace. Anti-fatigue mats are designed to reduce the body strain and tension that comes from standing for long periods of time. They are ergonomically designed for comfort, can insulate against cold floors and are designed for appropriate drainage to avoid accidents.
Benefits of Using Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Easy to clean
- Slip-resistant surface
- Grease and oil-resistant
- Reduces pressure and compression on the spine
- Improved ergonomic workspaces
- Improves employee morale and performance
- Reduces injuries
- Provides overall comfort during working hours
Industries That Should Consider Using Anti Fatigue Floor Mats
- Restaurants have several staff groups that are always on their feet – chefs, kitchen workers, hosts, and waiters. Standing for many consecutive hours at a time takes a toll on their feet and legs. You can reduce pain points by using anti-fatigue comfort mats.
- In manufacturing plants, anti-fatigue slip-resistant floor mats are essential. Employees working in plants are standing in front of heavy machinery all day long. Comfortable floor mats will provide them with a safer work environment.
- Any business that has a front desk or concierge desk has employees who are required to stand for long periods of time. Keeping your front desk staff comfortable is important as they are the face of your business and greeting and assisting customers is a top priority.
- Doctors and other medical staff can stand for up to 20 hours or more when working on surgery, lab research or other medical practices. High-quality anti-fatigue floor mats are a must for this group as it is important to reduce the strain on their bodies to allow them to keep performing their critical roles.
City Clean has been a leader in mat rental services since 1972. If you think your business could benefit from anti-fatigue comfort mats, contact us to find out more. One of our experts would be happy to discuss the options available and find the right solution for your employees that will contribute to a safer, happier and more productive workplace.