Workplace safety is the responsibility of the business owner. Every business needs to have a plan in place in the event that an accident or injury occurs on site. However, there are many preventative measures that can be taken in order to reduce accidents or injuries from occurring in the first place.As a business owner, if you haven’t investigated what floor safety mats can do to improve the safety of your facility, take some time to review the information below.
City Clean can work with you to create a mat rental solution that will support a safer and cleaner environment. Our expert team can conduct a mat rental consultation and help you determine which commercial entrance mats, rubber safety mats or anti-fatigue mats are the best fit for your business.
How To Increase Workplace Safety
In order to support safety, there should be rules and regulations in place and employees need to have the right equipment so that they can do their jobs properly. Open lines of communication are also essential so that employees feel as though they can make recommendations and suggestions that could improve workplace health and safety.Putting a schedule in place so that your preventative workplace safety measures are regularly monitored and reviewed is a key element in successfully preventing workplace accidents.
When using floor safety mats, there are several aspects you can regularly review to help your business and its workplace safety.
- Ensure that non-slip rubber matting is in place in areas where floors tend to be wet, greasy or get covered in wood dust or powder.
- Use commercial entrance mats where employees who may have wet, muddy, greasy or oily soles enter the facility.
- Remind employees to put things away in their proper place to avoid clutter in hallways, walkways or stair
- Use anti-fatigue mats to help prevent tired feet that can become more accident prone.
- Use mats with beveled edges to allow for a smooth floor-to-mat transition which reduces slip-and-falls and allows things like carts to easily roll over the surface.
- Let employees know that they are immediately required to report uneven floor surfaces, wet floors and poor lighting – all of which are main causes behind slips and falls in the work place.
Although employers can stress the importance of safety to their employees and work to make sure that employees are vigilant in their surroundings, it remains the business owner’s responsibility to ensure they stay safe on the job.
Working with a mat expert is an excellent way to invest in the health and safety of your business as you can be certain that you will have the best floor mats for the type of work that happens in your facility. City Clean has been offering mat rental solutions to businesses across the Greater Toronto Area for more than 40 years and would be happy to help you find the right mats to support your business success – contact us today!