Office mats can play a key role when it comes to keeping your space safe and clean. It may be tempting to simply throw down whatever commercial floor mats you can find but know that not every mat will do the job you need it to do. Before you invest in office mats, there are several things worth keeping in mind to ensure you get the best mat your needs.
When you think about it, commercial floor mats act as the first defense against water and dirt being tracked into your facility. While you will have to commit to keeping all mats clean, if you start with mats that are too small or don’t provide the right benefits, you’ll be consistently left with dirty and potentially dangerous floors. Over time, you’ll most likely need to replace or repair your carpet or flooring that can become damaged by not being properly protected by commercial mats.
How To Make The Best Decision When Choosing Office Mats
So, you know you need to add mats to your space but aren’t sure where to start. In order to ensure you get what you need, start by contacting a trusted commercial mat provider like City Clean. Our expert team can conduct a site visit to perform an analysis and provide you with a comprehensive quotation. We’re confident that we’ll be able to put you at ease and help you make the best decisions to support your success.
Here are five tips to help you choose mats for your office space:
- Learn some commercial mat basics. As a general overview, outdoor mats have a rough texture designed to scrape and trap dirt off of shoes and boots before it gets tracked through your building. Interior office mats have a softer feel and are less efficient at trapping dirt and water. In addition, learn what mats are industry and facility-specific. Based on the type of work done in your space, you may need particular mats such as anti-static or anti-fatigue mats.
- Assess your foot traffic. For each area where a mat is needed, determine if your foot traffic would be considered high, moderate or low. All high traffic areas need to have mats designed to handle the volume of dirt and debris that can come with busy entryways or walk off spaces.
- Consider your climate. Toronto area businesses need to be prepared for multiple seasons throughout the year. This may also mean that your office mat needs will change, depending on the season. To limit slippery surfaces, make sure you use mats that can absorb more water in the winter and spring.
- Find the right size. One of the most common mistakes facilities make when choosing commercial office mats is choosing ones that are too small for the intended area. As a general rule, larger-sized mats are usually better, although be cautious of creating tripping hazards if you choose a mat that is overly large for a space.
- Consider using a mat system. Commercial mats will be most effective when used in combination. For example, an outdoor scraper mat paired with an interior classic mat work well together to ensure that the highest amount of dirt and water is trapped and kept off your floors.
Find the Right Commercial Mats with City Clean
Adding the right office mats to your space will improve your customer experience and support your employees. In order to make sure you find the right mats for your needs, it’s best to work with an experienced mat provider like City Clean. Our team supports businesses in all industries and understands what type of mats will do the best job for each specific client. To learn more about what proper matting can do for your business, contact us.